From Merle Blake:
The next regular meeting of Woolastook Presbytery will be held at Saint James U.C., Woodstock, NB, beginning at 11:00 am on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
(All Committees to meet earlier as needed.)
There will be an Order of the Day at 1:30 pm to vote on Remit # 6, (One Order of Ministry). The Remits and study guides can be found on the General Council website at GC42.ca/remits.
Directions to St. James:
From Frederiction: Take the Trans Canada West to exit 185 follow the exit veering right and you will be on Connell street. Follow Connell three and a half kilometers and turn left onto Green Street. The church is at the next intersection on the corner of Green and Chapel Streets.
From Edmunston: Take the Trans Canada East to exit 185 Turn left onto Rte. 550 (Connell Street) Follow Connell three and a half kilometers and turn left onto Green Street. The church is at the next intersection on the corner of Green and Chapel Streets.
From the Interchurch Refugee Committee to the members of the Woolasook Presbytery:
When you and your congregations are planning Christmas financial donations please consider the Interchurch Refugee Committee. For the past few years we have been supporting several new refugee families. Our costs have been greater than anticipated related to increases in the cost of living and unexpected expenses. In order to meet commitments to our families we need to raise funds. Donations will be gratefully received with payments to your local church treasurer and designated for the interchurch Refugee Fund.
Many thanks to all for your considerations.
From Rev. Jane Johnson:
Trinity United Church, Minto: Breakfast & Bazaar
Eggs, toast, beans, bacon, coffee, tea, juice.
Saturday November 18 – 8:00 – 11:00am
Breakfast Tickets: $8
Bazaar tables will have home baking, hand knitting, crafts & a while elephant table with Christmas Items.
From Shirley Cleave:
Wendy Topolski Memorial Scholarship
Click to download a PDF of this application: Wendy Topolski Memorial Scholarship
The Wendy Topolski Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to one recipient per year. The recipient will receive one thousand dollars for their post-secondary education expenses.
- Must, at present or in the last two years, be involved in a United Church committee, group or activity.
- Must be attending an accredited University or Community College in Canada.
- Candidates may receive the scholarship for a maximum of two years (consecutive or non-consecutive). Candidates must apply each year to be considered.
How will selections be made:
- Priority will be given to those with the greatest financial need.
- The secondary priority is the level of involvement in Church activities.
- The final selection will be made by a committee.
- Creativity in the application is encouraged. What is the deadline?
The deadline for applications is: December 15, 2017.
Applications open on June 1, 2018 and the deadline for applications is July 4 2018. The recipient will be notified by August 15, 2018.
How to Apply:
Send your application package via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Wendy Topolski Scholarship.
Documents can be in .doc. pdf, or jpg format.
There are two parts to the application. First, provide us with a bit of background by answering the questions below and making sure we have your contact information.
Please provide your Name, Address, Phone Number and Email address and tell us:
- What is the approximate cost of your tuition and living expenses:
- Have you received any other scholarships? If yes please list them and the amount of funding:
- What is the one thing you are proudest of accomplishing?
- What Church activities are you involved in and how long have you been involved?
- What did you get out of being involved in these activities? Second, please include the following supporting documentation:
- A reference letter from you, about you! Tell us about yourself, your accomplishments, passions and what you hope to study. Why would you recommend yourself for this scholarship. Be creative and have fun!
- A reference letter from someone who knows you from your church-based activities
- A copy of your transcript
- A copy of your acceptance letter to where you will be studying.
Questions may be sent to: email@example.com